A. has a head on one end and a nut fitted to the other
B. has head at one end and other end fits into a tapped hole in the other part to be joined
C. has both the ends threaded
D. has pointed threads
E. requires locking nuts
- Coaxing is the procedure of increasing__________________?
- A. metal strength by cycling B. metal hardness by surface treatment C. metal resistance to corrosion by coating D. fatigue limit by overstressing the metal by successively increasing loadings E. none of the above...
- Yield point in fatigue loading as compared to static loading is__________________?
- A. same B. higher C. lower D. depends on other factors E. none of the above...
- Machine screws are________________?
- A. similar to small size tap bolts except that a greater variety of shapes of heads are available B. slotted for a screw driver and generally used with a nut C. used to prevent relative motion be-tween two parts D. similar to stud E. none of the above...
- The shear plane in case of bolts should_________________?
- A. be across threaded portion of shank B. be parallel to axis of bolt C. be normal to threaded portion of shank D. never be across the threaded portion E. none of the above...
- Basic hole is one_________________?
- A. whose upper deviation is zero B. whose lower deviation is zero C. whose lower as well as upper deviations are zero D. does not exist E. none of the above...