D. all of the above
E. none of the above
- Guest’s theory of failure is applicable for following type of materials_________________?
- A. brittle B. ductile C. elastic D. plastic E. tough...
- A hot short metal is_________________?
- A. brittle when cold B. brittle when hot C. brittle under all conditions D. ductile at high temperature E. hard when hot...
- At low temperatures (say 75°C) the notched-bar impact value of steel____________________?
- A. increases markedly B. decreases markedly C. remains same D. depends on heat treatment carried out E. none of the above...
- The valve rod in a steam engine is connected to an eccentric rod by_________________?
- A. cotter joint B. bolted joint C. kunckle joint D. universal coupling E. gib and cotter joint...
- Aircraft body is usually fabricated by_________________?
- A. welding B. precasting C. rivetting D. casting E. unconventional methods...