- Zarqa on Carlyle’s work On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History is a course of ?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on How many districts are in Sindh ?
- Hamad on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
Hamad Machine Design 29/04/2023
A. one smaller nut is tightened over main nut and main nut tightened against smaller one by loosening, creating friction jamming
B. a slot is cut partly in middle of nut and then slot reduced by tightening screw
C. a hard fiber or nylon cotter is recessed in the nut and becomes threaded as the nut is screwed on the bolt causing a tight grip
D. through slots are made at top and a cotter-pin is passed through these and a hole in the bolt, and cotter pin splitted and bent in reverse direction at the other end
E. none of the above
- The maximum stress due to stress concentration in a bar having circular transverse hole, as compared to its static stress without hole will be_________________?
- A. same in both cases B. 2 times more C. 3 times more D. 4 times more E. unpredictable...
- A hot short metal is_________________?
- A. brittle when cold B. brittle when hot C. brittle under all conditions D. ductile at high temperature E. hard when hot...
- A self locking screw has________________>
- A. fine threads B. coarse threads C. coefficient of friction > tangent of load angle D. hole for inserting split pin E. two nuts for locking...
- In standard taper roller bearings, the angle of taper of outer raceway is___________________?
- A. 5° B. 8° C. 15° D. 25° E. 40°....
- The function of cutting oil when threading a pipe is to___________________?
- A. provide cooling action B. lubricate the dies C. help remove chips D. all of the above E. none of the above...
Leave a Reply