A. minimum temperature to which oil is heated in order to give off inflammable vapours in sufficient quantity to ignite momentarily when brought in contact with a flame
B. temperature at which it solidifies or congeals
C. it catches fire without external aid
D. indicated by 90% distillation temperature, i.e., when 90% of sample oil has distilled off
E. temperature at which it flows easily
- Most high speed compression engines operate on ___________________?
- A. Otto cycle B. Diesel cycle C. Dual cycle D. Carnot cycle E. Two stroke cycle...
- If the compression ratio of an engine working on Otto cycle is increased from 5 to 7, the %age increase in efficiency will be________________?
- A. 2% B. 4% C. 8% D. 14% E. 27%....
- The reason for supercharging in any engine is to________________?
- A. increase efficiency B. increase power C. reduce weight and bulk for a given out-put D. effect fuel economy E. none of the above...
- Kerosene is distilled at________________?
- A. 30 – 65°C B. 65 – 220°C C. 220 – 350°C D. 350 – 450°C E. 450-550°C...
- According to Recardo’s theory, detonation occurs due to______________________?
- A. instantaneous auto-ignition of last part of charge to be burnt B. improper mixing of air and fuel C. improper combustion D. self ignition temperature has nothing to do with detonation E. none of the above...