C. the service industry
D. the culture of commerce
- Nineteenth-century theories of social change reflect the pioneering work in biological evolution done by ____________?
- A. Albert Einstein B. Charles Darwin C. Harriet Martineau D. Benjamin Franklin...
- Central to the concept of social movement is the idea that _____________?
- A. social movements appear only in times of controlled slow social change B. social movements occur inside the institutional framework of everyday life C. people intervene in the process of social change D. people do not readily undertake joint activity...
- Changes of relationships are primarily___________________________?
- A. Individual changes B. Social Change C. Cultural Change D. None of these...
- Which of the following is an accurate statement regarding evolutionary perspectives on social change ?
- A. Lenski argues that evolution depends largely on changes in a society’s level of technology and made of economic production B. Social Darwinists like Spencer see evolution as inevitably leading to the downfall of society C. Contemporary approaches take a unilinear view of evolution and assume all change equals progress D. Parsons suggested that societies … Which of the following is an accurate statement regarding evolutionary perspectives on social change ?Read More...
- Emergent norm theory argues that collective behavior arises when expectations regarding how to act are_____________?
- A. clear B. explicit C. encouraged D. vague E. repeated...