A. the point of C.G.
B. the point of metacentre
C. the point of application of the resultant of all the forces tending to cause a body to rotate about a certain axis
D. point of suspension
E. the point in a body about which it can rotate horizontally and oscillate under the influence of gravity
- Limiting force of friction is the__________________?
- A. tangent of angle between normal-reaction and the resultant of normal reaction and limiting friction B. ratio of limiting friction and normal reaction C. the friction force acting when the body is just about to move D. the friction force acting when the body is in motion E. minimum force of friction...
- The C.G. of a right circular solid cone of height h lies at the following distance from the base______________?
- A. h/2 B. J/3 C. h/6 D. h/4 E. 3/i/5...
- The weight of a body is due to ___________________?
- A. centripetal force of earth B. gravitational pull exerted by the earth C. forces experienced by body in atmosphere D. force of attraction experienced by particles E. gravitational force of attraction towards the center of the earth...
- D’ Alembert’s principle is used for______________________?
- A. reducing the problem of kinetics to equivalent statics problem B. determining stresses in the truss C. stability of floating bodies D. designing safe structures E. solving kinematic problems...
- On a ladder resting on smooth ground and leaning against vertical wall, the force of friction will be___________________?
- A. towards the wall at its upper end B. away from the wall at its upper end C. upwards at its upper end D. downwards at its upper end E. none of the above...