Isothermal compression efficiency, even when running at high speed, can be approached by using
A. multi-stage compression
B. cold water spray
C. both A. and B. above
D. fully insulating the cylinder
E. high stroke
- Ratio of compression is the ratio of__________________?
- A. gauge discharge pressure to the gauge intake pressure B. absolute discharge pressure to the ab-solute intake pressure C. pressures at discharge and suction cor-responding to same temperature D. stroke volume and clearance volume E. none of the above...
- Mining industry usually employs following motive power___________________?
- A. A.C. electric motor B. compressed air C. petrol engine D. diesel engine E. D.C. electric motor...
- Which is false statement about advantages of multistage compressor in comparison to single stage compressor_________________?
- A. less power requirement B. better mechanical balance C. less loss of air due to leakage past the cylinder D. more effective lubrication E. lower volumetric efficiency...
- The jnaximum combustion pressure in gas turbine as compared to I.C. engine is_________________?
- A. more B. less C. same D. depends on other factors E. unpredictable...
- Air-fuel ratio in a jet engine will be of the order of__________________?
- A. 10: 1 B. 15: 1 C. 20 : 1 D. 60 : 1 E. 100 :...