A. Rs. 13.50
B. Rs. 14.50
C. Rs. 15.50
D. Rs. 16.50
E. None of these
Let the quantities of A and B mixed be 3x kg and 7x kg.
Cost of 3x kg of A = 9(3x) = Rs. 27x
Cost of 7x kg of B = 15(7x) = Rs. 105x
Cost of 10x kg of the mixture = 27x + 105x = Rs. 132x
Cost of 5 kg of the mixture = 132x/10x (5) = Rs. 66
Profit made in selling 5 kg of the mixture = 25/100 (cost of 5 kg of the mixture) = 25/100 * 66 = Rs. 16.50
- A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
- A. 72 B. 72.9 C. 73.8 D. 74.7 E. None of these...
- Sharjeel has a container which has a mixture of wine and water in it. Wine and water are in the ratio 4:1. Sharjeel spills some of the mixture by accident. He then replaces the spilled amount with water of same quantity. But now the wine to water ratio became 3:2. How much water did Sharjeel add?
- A. 3/5 B. 1/2 C. 1/4 D. 2/7...
- 8 litres are drawn from a cask full of wine and is then filled with water. This operation is performed three more times. The ratio of the quantity of wine now left in cask to that of water is 16 : 65. How much wine did the cask hold originally?
- A. 18 litres B. 24 litres C. 32 litres D. 42 litres...
- In what ratio must water be mixed with milk to gain 16 2/3 % by selling the mixture at cost price?
- A. 1:6 B. 2:3 C. 4:3 D. 6:1...
- All the water in container A which was filled to its brim was poured into two containers B and C. The quantity of water in container B was 62.5% less than the capacity of container A. If 148 liters was now transferred from C to B, then both the containers would have equal quantities of water. What was the initial quantity of water in container A?
- A. 648 B. 888 C. 928 D. 1184...