- Zarqa on Carlyle’s work On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History is a course of ?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on How many districts are in Sindh ?
- Hamad on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
Fill in the blank. King_____________ was notorious for his six marriages and for ruthlessly persecuting his political enemies, violently eliminating all opposition ?
Hamad Cultural and Literary English Renaissance 10/02/2023
A. Charles I
B. Charles II
C. Henry V
D. Henry VIII
- Martin Luther’s translation of what text helped to develop a standard version of the German language and added several principles to the art of translation ?
- A. “Paradise Lost” B. “Canterbury Tales” C. “The Bible” D. “Piers Plowman”...
- The Petrarchan sonnet is composed of how many lines ?
- A. 9 B. 10 C. 12 D. 14...
- Fill in the blank. John Lyly’s ________ exercised considerable influence upon its author’s contemporaries?
- A. “Euphues” B. “Paradise Lost” C. “Utopia” D. “Zelauto”...
- How did the invention of the printing press affect European culture ?
- A. Print halted the corruption of texts by copyists, giving everyone identical texts. B. Scientific research became a more collaborative effort. C. Learning to read was made easier as print was standardized and made clearer. D. All of the above...
- Fill in the blank. Sir Philip Sidney’s strong_____________ convictions made him publicly oppose a projected marriage for Queen Elizabeth?
- A. Catholic B. Protestant C. Buddhist D. Quaker...
Leave a Reply