A. Width b M
B. Width b M
C. Width b 3 M
D. Width b 1/M
- A close coil helical spring when subjected to a moment M having its axis along the axis of the helix_________________?
- A. It is subjected to pure bending B. Its mean diameter will decrease C. Its number of coils will increase D. All the above...
- A bar L metre long and having its area of cross-section A, is subjected to a gradually applied tensile load W. The strain energy stored in the bar is_________________?
- A. WL/2AE B. WL/AE C. W²L/AE D. W²L/2AE...
- For determining the support reactions at A and B of a three hinged arch, points B and Care joined and produced to intersect the load line at D and a line parallel to the load line through A at D’. Distances AD, DD’ and AD’ when measured were 4 cm, 3 cm and 5 cm respectively. The angle between the reactions at A and B is___________________?
- A. 30° B. 45° C. 60° D. 90°...
- A steel bar 20 mm in diameter simply-supported at its ends over a total span of 40 cm carries a load at its centre. If the maximum stress induced in the bar is limited to N/mm2, the bending strain energy stored in the bar, is___________________?
- A. 411 N mm B. 511 N mm= C. 611 N mm D. 711 N mm...