A. Mechanical agitation is required, if the system has low interfacial tension
B. Sieve tray towers are generally used for systems having low interfacial tension
C. When Henry’s law constant is very small, then the mass transfer rate is controlled by the gas
D. Taylor-Prandtl analogy for heat and mass transfer considers the transfer through both laminar
and turbulent layers
- Moisture content of a substance when at equilibrium with a given partial pressure of the vapour is called the _______________ moisture?
- A. Free B. Unbound C. Equilibrium D. Bound...
- During sensible cooling process ______________________?
- A. Relative humidity decreases B. Relative humidity increases C. Wet bulb temperature decreases D. Both B. and C....
- Steam distillation is used to__________________?
- A. Reduce the number of plates B. Avoid thermal decomposition of a component C. Increase the efficiency of separation D. Increase the total pressure of distillation...
- The dew point of an unsaturated gas-vapor mixture does not depend upon the _________________ of the mixture?
- A. Composition B. Temperature C. Total pressure D. All A, B. and C....
- In case of unsaturated air_________________?
- A. Dew point < wet bulb temperature B. Wet bulb temperature < dry bulb temperature C. Both A. and B. D. Neither A. not B....