At equilibrium the concentration of water in vapour phase (C*) in kg/m3 of air space and the amount of water (m) adsorbed per kg of dry silica gel are related by, C* = 0.0667m. To maintain dry conditions in a room of air space 100m3 containing 2.2 kg of water vapour initially, 10 kg of dry silica gel is kept in the room. The fraction of initial water remaining in the air space after a long time (during which the temperature is maintained constant) is_________________?
- Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to the cooling towers ?
- A. In case of induced draft cooling tower, the fan is placed at the top of the tower B. Effectiveness of forced draft cooling tower is reduced by the recirculation of the humid and hot discharged air C. A natural draft cooling tower is recommended to be used, when the air humidity is low and … Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to the cooling towers ?Read More...
- Steady state temperature reached by a small amount of liquid evaporating into a large amount of unsaturated vapour-gas mixture is called the ________________ temperature?
- A. Dry-bulb B. Wet-bulb C. Dew point D. Adiabatic saturation...
- The reflux to a distillation column is 100 moles/hr, when the overhead product rate is 50 moles/hr. The reflux ratio is____________________?
- A. 2 B. 0.5 C. 50 D. 150...
- According to Poiseuille’s law, the permeability for gas flow through a capillary is proportional to (where, μ = gas viscosity)___________________?
- A. μ B. 1/μ C. √μ D. μ2...