A. The mixture exhibits an azeotrope at 101.3 kPa
B. The composition of the mixture, in percent by volume is: o-xylene 30, p-xylene 60. and mxylene
C. The composition of the mixture in mole percent is: o-xylene 30, p-xylene 60 and m-xyoene 10
D. The mixture contain optical isomers
- According to the Fenske equation, what will be the minimum number of plates required in a distillation column to separate an equimolar binary mixture of components A and B into an overhead fraction containing 99 mol% A and a bottom fraction containing 98 mol% B ? Assume that relative volatility (αAB = 2) does not change appreciably in the column ?
- A. 5 B. 9 C. 12 D. 28...
- A slurry is to be dried to produce flaky solid. Which dryer would you recommend ?
- A. Spray dryer B. Drum dryer C. Rotary dryer D. Dielectric dryer...
- Operating velocity in a packed tower is usually __________________ the flooding velocity ?
- A. Half B. Twice C. Equal to D. More than...
- Molality is defined as the number of gm moles of solute per _________________ of solvent ?
- A. Litre B. gm C. Kg D. m3...
- Pick out the wrong statement ?
- A. Change in barometric pressure does not affect the relative humidity B. In case of a packed tower, the operating velocity is about half of the flooding velocity, generally C. ‘Elution’ means the desorption of the adsorbed solute by a solvent D. The equilibrium moisture content of the solid can be reduced by increasing the … Pick out the wrong statement ?Read More...