A. P&L A/C is debited with 1,400
B. P&L A/C is debited with 1,200
C. 200 is shown as current asset
D. Both B. and C. above
Adjustments for prepaid subscription fees:
P& L A/c Extract
Total subscription fees paid 1,400
Less: Subscription fees prepaid
Relating to next A/c period 200
Subscription fees 1200
The prepaid subscription fees of ` 200 will be shown as a current asset in the Balance Sheet as it is
an expense relating to the next accounting period but has been paid in the current accounting
The Correct answer is D. Both B. and C. above
- In accounting an Economic event is referred to as:
- A. Cash B. Bank statement C. Transaction D. Exchange of money...
- Fresh capital introduction will increase____________?
- A. Assets and liabilities B. Assets and equity C. Liabilities and equity and bank balance D. Capital and liabilities...
- Amount paid to Masood posted to the credit side of his account would affect___________?
- A. Masood’s account B. Cash account C. Cash account and Gagan’s account D. None of these...
- Capital expenditure is an expenditure which
- A. Benefits the current accounting period B. Will benefit the next accounting period C. Results in the acquisition of a permanent asset D. Results in the acquisition of a current asset...
- The Balance Sheet gives information regarding the____________?
- A. Results of operations for a particular period B. Financial position during a particular period C. Profit earning capacity for a particular period D. Financial position as on a particular date...