A. quantity governing
B. quality governing
C. combined governing
D. partial governing
E. nit and miss governing
- Pick up the wrong statement about supercharging __________________?
- A. supercharging reduces knocking in diesel engines B. there can be limited supercharging in petrol engines because of detonation C. supercharging at high altitudes is essential D. supercharging results in fuel economy E. supercharging is essential in aircraft engines...
- In a typical medium speed 4-stroke cycle diesel engine the inlet valve_____________________?
- A. opens at 20° before top dead center and closes at 35° after the bottom dead center B. opens at top dead center and closes at bottom dead center C. opens at 10° after top dead center and closes 20° before the bottom dead center D. may open or close anywhere E. remains open for … In a typical medium speed 4-stroke cycle diesel engine the inlet valve_____________________?Read More...
- The mean effective pressure obtained from engine indicator indicates the________________?
- A. maximum pressure developed B. minimum pressure C. instantaneous pressure at any instant D. exhaust pressure E. average pressure...
- Diesel engines have low specific fuel consumption compared to petrol engine. This statement is____________________?
- A. not true B. true at full load C. true at part load D. true at both part and full load E. there could not be any such criterion...
- The specific fuel consumption for a petrol engine first decreases with increase in fuel air ratio and then increases with further increase in fuel air ratio. The minimum value occurs in the range of__________________?
- A. lean mixture B. chemically correct mixture C. rich mixture D. unpredictable E. none of the above...