- Zarqa on Carlyle’s work On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History is a course of ?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on How many districts are in Sindh ?
- Hamad on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
Hamad Medieval Literature and Culture 14/07/2021
A. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle records the history of the continuity and persistence of Anglo-Saxon culture in Old English.
B. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle offers a lay person’s perspective on Anglo-Saxon history.
C. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle focuses on the courtly adventures of Anglo-Saxon English.
D. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle presents an accurate description of the Second and Third Crusades.
- In Beowulf, what is the significance of wergild ?
- A. Wergild is connected to the idea that bloodshed leads to more bloodshed. B. Wergild contributes to the claustrophobic, doom-laden atmosphere. C. Wergild relates to the concept of wyrd. D. All of these answers...
- Beowulf introduces the reader to the life of a thegn. Which of the following best describes the role of the thegn ?
- A. The thegn is a warrior who has sworn his loyalty to an Anglo-Saxon lord. B. The thegn is a class of protocapitalism opposed to the guild system. C. The thegn is a warrior who pays money in exchange for exemption from military service. D. The thegn is an Anglo-Saxon lord who partakes in the … Beowulf introduces the reader to the life of a thegn. Which of the following best describes the role of the thegn ?Read More...
- How do the themes of Marie de France’s Lanval and Chretien de Troyes Yvain compare ?
- A. Both use the comitatus ethic to explain their hero’s motivations. B. Both include references toWilliam the Conqueror. C. Both include the theme of broken promises between lovers. D. Both feature mentions of the conversion from paganism....
- How did travel at the time of the Crusades impact Western Europe ?
- A. people brought tales of romance from different literary and cultural traditions back from their trips B. merchants started to import rare silks and spices from new trade roots C. architects from Western Europe were influenced by new Eastern styles D. All of the Above...
- In the Middle Ages, what was the status of a married woman in relation to her husband ?
- A. she was considered her husband’s property B. she was considered equal to her husband C. she was more legally powerful than her husband D. she was her husband’s property, but could not be mistreated under law...
Leave a Reply