- Zarqa on Carlyle’s work On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History is a course of ?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on How many districts are in Sindh ?
- Hamad on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
- Shokat Hussain Khan on Who was the Abul Kalam Azad?
Hamad Literary Theory and Criticism 03/12/2020
A. Kristeva wholly rejects Lacan’s theory of psychosexual development.
B. Kristeva centralizes the maternal and the feminine in her revisions of Lacan’s theory.
C. Kristeva argues that the mirror stage does not occur until the individual embraces a distinct gender role.
D. All of the above answers are correct.
- What is the main goal of ethnic criticism ?
- A. To bring attention to false Euro-centric paradigms B. To rectify the double experiences of certain racial groups C. To reconcile cultural identity with individual identity D. All of the above answers are correct....
- Which of the following texts is the BEST example of the argument that a work’s meaning does not come entirely from the imagination of the author ?
- A. Plato’s The Republic B. T.S. Eliot’s “Tradition and the Individual Talent” C. Jacques Derrida’s Of Grammatology D. Jacques Lacan’s “The Mirror Stage….....
- Who is the writer of ‘Hamlet and Oedipus’ (1949) ?
- A. Carl Jung B. Harold Bloom C. Ernest Jones D. Erik Erikson...
- Who called Dryden the Father of English Criticism ?
- A. Joseph Addison B. Dr. Johnson C. Coleridge D. Matthew Arnold...
- A critic examining Pope’s “An Essay on Man” asks herself: How well does this poem accord with the real world? Is it accurate? Is it moral? She is most likely a critic?
- A. Feminist B. Reader Response C. Formalist D. Mimetic...
Leave a Reply