I. Colonial governments compelled farmers to grow selected crops
II. Colonialism often changed traditional land tenure systems from individual control to communal
III. Colonialists failed to train African agricultural scientists and managers
IV. Research and development concentrated on food production and small farmers and herders.
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. III and IV only
D. II and III only
- Which of the following is a form of urban bais ?
- I- Government may set price floors on food and price ceilings for industrial goods II- Tax incentive and subsidies to infant industry III- Tariff and quota protection for industry IV- Spending more for education training housing, health and transport in urban areas than in rural areas. A. I, II , III only B. I, II … Which of the following is a form of urban bais ?Read More...
- Most of Latin America has been characterized by ______ large land-grand estates owned by the few and ________ small poor holdings that rarely provide adequate employment for a family ?
- A. multitudinous latitudinous B. latifundios, minifundios C. feudum, nocere D. grameen, repetto...
- Which of the following is not a consequence of growing agricultural commercialization ?
- A. An increase in the number of landless laborers B. An increase in rural poverty C. Women gain in decision making power D. Workers nutrition is reduced...
- Which of the following statement about rural and agricultural development is true ?
- A. Rural development is the same as agricultural development B. The agrarian community requires a full range of services such as schools merchants banks and so on C. Household nonfarm income is uncorrelated to farm productivity and uncorrelated to farm productivity and household incomes in Kenya D. China’s rural population receives little income from nonfarm … Which of the following statement about rural and agricultural development is true ?Read More...
- Which of the following is not among the most advanced global food chain cluster with headquarters in the US ?
- A. cargil/Monsanto B. ConAgra C. Novartis/ADM D. Procter & Gamble...