A. Yield ratio
B. Hooke’s ratio
C. Poisson’s ratio
D. Plastic ratio
- A composite beam is composed of two equal strips one of brass and other of steel. If the temperature is raised___________________?
- A. Steel experiences tensile force B. Brass experiences compressive force C. Composite beam gets subjected to a couple D. All the above...
- m1 and m2 are the members of two individual simple trusses of a compound truss. The compound truss will be rigid and determinate if__________________?
- A. m = m1 + m2 B. m = m1 + m2 + 1 C. m = m1 + m2 + 2 D. m = m + m + 3...
- d constant, the width of a cantilever of length l of uniform strength loaded with Keeping the depth a uniformly distributed load w varies from zero at the free end and________________?
- A. (2w/ × l² at the fixed end B. (3w/ × l² at the fixed end C. (3w/ × l² at the fixed end D. (5w/ × l² at the fixed end...
- a uniform circular bar of diameter d and length , which extends by an The deflection of amount under a tensile pull , when it carries the same load at its mid-span, is___________________?
- A. el/2d B. e²l/3d² C. el²/3d² D. e²l²/3d²...