- One mole of nitrogen at 8 bar and 600 K is contained in a piston-cylinder arrangement. It is brought to 1 bar isothermally against a resisting pressure of 1 bar. The work done (in Joules) by the gas is_________________?
- A. 30554 B. 10373 C. 4988.4 D. 4364.9...
- For a reversible process involving only pressure-volume work____________________?
- A. (dF)T, p 0 C. (dF)T, p = 0 D. (dA)T, v < 0...
- “When a system in equilibrium is subjected to a change in temperature, pressure or concentration, the equilibrium is displaced in a direction which tends to undo the effect of the change.” This is called the_______________?
- A. Le-Chatelier principle B. Kopp’s rule C. Law of corresponding state D. Arrhenius hypothesis...
- Air-refrigeration cycle________________?
- A. Is the most efficient of all refrigeration cycles B. Has very low efficiency C. Requires relatively large quantities of air to achieve a significant amount of refrigeration D. Both B. and C...